|Bottom Left - Right: Ald. Russell Stamper, Ald. Bob Puente, Ald. Jim Dudzik|
Top down: Ald. Tony Zielinski - Chair and Ald. Milele Coggs - Vice Chair
City of Milwaukee License Committee
Alderman Stamper failed to be impartial and do the district's business on the merits.
He failed to put aside his bias and favoritism of selected individuals from the district - as evidenced by his reasons given for a "delay" and/or "hold" on the Class B license and questionable and prejudice comments about the weight of decision relative to Sharon and Larry Adams - Walnut Way.
Stamper's small group of cronies have burrowed in the neighborhood without the endorsement of the People of the immediate area. Every person, taxpayer in the city must be given "due process". He was cited by Mary Glass, Chair/CEO, Milwaukee Professionals Association LLC and consultant for M C COLE, NEW Hammer's Den, corner of 18th and Fond du Lac Avenue. The former site of "Working Class". The charges are:
- APPEARANCE OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- DOUBLE STANDARD and PITTING one taxpayer against another in District 15. Two capable business owners were present for review and to receive a Class B tavern license. It was revealed that:
- Notice/Reminder was given to DONALD LEWIS, Urban Cafe, Cypress and Fond du Lac while ignoring to Notice M C COLE, NEW Hammer's Den. The Notice would allow the business owner to visit a meeting called by self-appointed members of the neighborhood and used by Alderman Stamper for community support.
- Alderman Stamper had refused to return telephone calls for weeks to Mr. Cole; and, the hand-selected bias group attacked Mr. Cole at a meeting held at Walnut Way on October 10, 2014. So, it was clear that the Alderman Stamper was not conducting himself appropriately - not returning calls left over weeks and not extending his office for information to M C COLE.
- M C COLE was told by a member of the neighborhood (after-the-fact) that his name was called at a meeting held on Saturday, October 18, 2014 with select people of the area. However, Alderman Stamper, leaders of the meeting, Virginia Duprest, Sharon Adams, Juanita Williams and others, failed to Notice M C COLE.
- According to ex-Alderman Fred Gordon (appeared with Donald Lewis), and on the video below, his client was told about the Saturday, October 18, 2014 meeting.
- According to Donald Lewis, Alderman Stamper pulled him to the side and "Reminded" him about the meeting to be held on October 18, 2014.
- But, NO notice was given to Mr. Cole. Why?
- This type of Willie Lynch behavior of pitting one against another has no place in the city of Milwaukee by anyone, especially an African American elected representative.
- Perhaps Mr. Stamper is accustomed to conducting "cronyism" at the supervisory level in Milwaukee County and feel he will run roughshod over the taxpayers of the city of Milwaukee. Not this time.
- STAMPER OK'D Donald Lewis Class B and "put-a-hold" on the Class B license of MC COLE until he brings the issue before the "quote" community. This is the "community" that failed to provide "inclusiveness", respect for the rights of M C COLE as a fellow taxpayer and failed to inform M C COLE of the meeting on Saturday, October 18, 2014, but claim innocence for wrongdoing. As evidenced by Virginia DuPriest and Juanita Williams lofty testamony at the License Committee hearing.
- STAMPER should have been impartial and made his decision on the merits and not allowed Conflict of Interest and political maneuring with certain individuals, Larry and Sharon Adams, Virginia DuPrest, Juanita Williams and others behind-the-scene in the neighborhood to cloud his judgment and Oath of office conducting the People's business. He has compromised a property owner, investor and potential employer of the 15th District.
- He also should of been building TRUST and leadership for his tenure as the temporary selection of 2 years for the 15th District.
M C COLE, property owner and investor has invested $88,000 in the last year in funds. His business is located on the corner of 18th & Fond du Lac.
He has worked night and day for today's inspection.
He presented the compliances to steps given by the city of Milwaukee.
He has signed support petitions by the immediate neighborhood - delivered to Stamper's office via city clerk's staff on Friday, October 17, 2014. Stamper and assistant were not present.
He has letters of recommendation from business colleagues of the hospitality industry.
By the other four-members of the committee remaining silent, Alderwoman Milele Coggs, 6th District, Alderman Tony Zielinski - 14th District, Alderman Jim Dudzik, 11th District, and Alderman Bob Puente, 9th District; they each became "complicit" to the wrongful behavior of their fellow councilman Alderman Stamper - someone should of offered credibility of the People's business. Someone should of stepped up.
WARNING: We have had to change the "link".
It appears that the "link" shorten and now it is back to the full video.
Take the time to review the tape. You need to see what is going on.
You can slide the pointer to find specific testimony.
M C Cole, Donald Lewis, Mary Glass testimony and Glass being asked out - to leave - the License Committee Meeting can be found closer to the end of the tape.
This was a hearing, Stamper has refused to respond to calls.
Stamper has shown favoritism.
But whether Stamper responded before or not, when the citizenry comes - Zielinski, Chair and members of the License committee need to bend over backwards to see that their questions are answered - instead of the misuse of power exhibited by Zielinski, Stamper and other city representatives at the front table giggling. It sends the wrong signal.
|Larry and Sharon Adams - Walnut Way|
Larry and Sharon Adams are property owner next to MC COLE.
Updated: October 21, 2014