|Click to Enlarge|
- FRESH COAST CLASSIC - UW-Milwaukee, 2200 E. Kenwood, 8:30am - 3:30pm
- All Day event with students from MPS and Wauwatosa schools
- The Fresh Coast Classic began in 2007, and since then has become more than just a basketball tournament. People travel from around the world to experience this classic. Running Rebels, a Milwaukee community organization, wanted to find a way to get youth interested in things other than what they would see going on daily in their neighborhoods and provide access to college and career pathways. This event exposes Milwaukee area students to many educational opportunities available at HBCU's as well as colleges in Wisconsin and surrounding states and promises to be a great, family fun-filled weekend of events!
- VISION 2050 , Workshop #4 - War Memorial,
- What is your vision of future land use and transportation in Southeastern Wisconsin? The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC) staff has prepared three alternative visions of future regional land use and transportation and is seeking your feedback about them at seven interactive VISION 2050 public workshops from November 9-19 in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, and Waukesha Counties. Information about the VISION 2050 workshops, registration, and the alternatives is available at www.vision2050sewis.org. Each workshop will include the same information and materials.The alternatives are the focus of the fourth planning stage in the development of the VISION 2050 long-range regional land use and transportation plan. Whether or not you attended a previous workshop for the first three stages, we want to see you in November!At the VISION 2050 workshops, you will be able to compare a “Trend” projection of the future under recent land use and transportation trends to two alternative plans. Your feedback will help Commission staff prepare a preliminary recommended plan to be presented next spring. The workshops will include materials, interactive discussions, and options for providing feedback about the alternatives.Please register to attend a workshop in advance, and kindly forward this email, download and distribute the VISION 2050workshop flyer, and/or ask us to create a workshop announcement jpg for your website or newsletter by emailing us atVISION2050@sewrpc.org. (When you share workshop information, please ask friends and colleagues to register for the workshops so that we have enough materials for everyone.)We look forward to seeing you at a VISION 2050 workshop!